skip to main content

H.R. 4442: Equal Right to Life Act

Call or Write Congress

About the bill

Should expectant parents be able to determine whether their child is more or less likely to be gay, and possibly abort if they dislike the result?

Context

An August study on same-sex orientation and behavior, published in the journal Science, was the largest of its kind ever conducted. The study estimated that genetics contribute about 32% to whether a person is gay. The remaining estimated 68% were based on a combination of cultural, environmental, and social factors.

Due to recent advances in genetic testing in the womb over the past ...

Sponsor and status

Sean Duffy

Sponsor. Representative for Wisconsin's 7th congressional district. Republican.

Read Text »
Last Updated: Sep 20, 2019
Length: 3 pages
Introduced
Sep 20, 2019
Status

Introduced on Sep 20, 2019

This bill is in the first stage of the legislative process. It was introduced into Congress on September 20, 2019. It will typically be considered by committee next before it is possibly sent on to the House or Senate as a whole.

Prognosis
1% chance of being enacted according to Skopos Labs (details)
Source

History

Sep 20, 2019
 
Introduced

Bills and resolutions are referred to committees which debate the bill before possibly sending it on to the whole chamber.

If this bill has further action, the following steps may occur next:
 
Passed Committee

 
Passed House

 
Passed Senate

 
Signed by the President

H.R. 4442 is a bill in the United States Congress.

A bill must be passed by both the House and Senate in identical form and then be signed by the President to become law.

How to cite this information.

We recommend the following MLA-formatted citation when using the information you see here in academic work:

“H.R. 4442 — 116th Congress: Equal Right to Life Act.” www.GovTrack.us. 2019. December 8, 2019 <https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/116/hr4442>

Where is this information from?

GovTrack automatically collects legislative information from a variety of governmental and non-governmental sources. This page is sourced primarily from Congress.gov, the official portal of the United States Congress. Congress.gov is generally updated one day after events occur, and so legislative activity shown here may be one day behind. Data via the congress project.