About the bill
The federal government has enacted four main stimulus laws in response to the covid-19 pandemic. Here’s a brief rundown of what each of these legislative actions did.
Phase 1: Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Supplemental Appropriations Act
The Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Supplemental Appropriations Act was enacted on March 6, at a cost of $8.3 billion.
The economic impact of the virus had barely hit at this point, with most shutdowns and stay-at-home orders arriving between one and two weeks later. Accordingly, the money here was primarily for measures such as vaccine development and public health funding, with most dollars going to agencies within the Department of Health and Human Services.
81% of funds were allocated domestically, with the other 19% allocated internationally. The virus had only ...
Sponsor and status
Sponsor. Representative for New York's 17th congressional district. Democrat.
Last Updated: Mar 19, 2020
Length: 43 pages
116th Congress (2019–2021)
Enacted — Signed by the President on Mar 18, 2020
This bill was enacted after being signed by the President on March 18, 2020.
What legislators are saying
“Reps. Fudge, Scott Send Letter to USDA Requesting Clarification of Pandemic EBT Guidelines”
— Rep. Robert “Bobby” Scott [D-VA3] (Co-sponsor) on Sep 3, 2020
What stakeholders are saying
This bill incorporates provisions from:
H.R. 6199: Emergency Unemployment Insurance Stabilization and Access Act of 2020
Introduced on Mar 11, 2020. 97% incorporated. (compare text)
H.R. 6244: To amend titles XVIII and XIX to provide for coverage at no cost sharing of COVID-19 testing under the Medicaid program and Children’s Health Insurance Program.
Introduced on Mar 12, 2020. 89% incorporated. (compare text)
H.R. 6220: Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act
Introduced on Mar 12, 2020. 50% incorporated. (compare text)
H.R. 6273: Protecting Vulnerable Americans in Times of Crisis Act of 2020
Introduced on Mar 13, 2020. 82% incorporated. (compare text)
H.R. 6203: COVID-19 Child Nutrition Response Act
Introduced on Mar 11, 2020. 99% incorporated. (compare text)
H.R. 6263: To amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to waive cost sharing under the Medicare program for certain visits relating to testing for COVID-19.
Introduced on Mar 12, 2020. 84% incorporated. (compare text)
H.R. 6213: No Cost for COVID-19 Testing Act
Introduced on Mar 11, 2020. 93% incorporated. (compare text)
H.R. 6214: To amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to provide for coverage of testing for COVID-19 at no cost sharing under the Medicare Advantage program.
Introduced on Mar 12, 2020. 79% incorporated. (compare text)
H.R. 6201 (116th) was a bill in the United States Congress.
A bill must be passed by both the House and Senate in identical form and then be signed by the President to become law.
Bills numbers restart every two years. That means there are other bills with the number H.R. 6201. This is the one from the 116th Congress.
This bill was introduced in the 116th Congress, which met from Jan 3, 2019 to Jan 3, 2021. Legislation not enacted by the end of a Congress is cleared from the books.
How to cite this information.
We recommend the following MLA-formatted citation when using the information you see here in academic work:
GovTrack.us. (2021). H.R. 6201 — 116th Congress: Families First Coronavirus Response Act. Retrieved from https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/116/hr6201
“H.R. 6201 — 116th Congress: Families First Coronavirus Response Act.” www.GovTrack.us. 2020. January 19, 2021 <https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/116/hr6201>
Families First Coronavirus Response Act, Pub. L. No. 116-127, H.R. 6201, 116th Cong. (2020).
|title=H.R. 6201 (116th)
|accessdate=January 19, 2021
|author=116th Congress (2020)
|date=March 11, 2020
|quote=Families First Coronavirus Response Act
Where is this information from?
GovTrack automatically collects legislative information from a variety of governmental and non-governmental sources. This page is sourced primarily from Congress.gov, the official portal of the United States Congress. Congress.gov is generally updated one day after events occur, and so legislative activity shown here may be one day behind. Data via the congress project.