GovTrack’s Bill Summary
We don’t have a summary available yet.
Library of Congress Summary
The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.
5/13/1976--Conference report filed in House.
(Conference report filed in House, H. Rept. 94-1133) Second Supplemental Appropriations Act - Appropriates supplemental sums for fiscal year 1976, and the period ending September 30, 1976.
=Title I:= Appropriates specified sums to:
(1) the Department of Agriculture and related agencies;
(2) the Department of Defense, including funds for procurement of specified Army weapons;
(3) the United States Emergency Refugee and Migration Assistance Fund and international disaster assistance;
(4) the Department of Housing and Urban Development and independent agencies;
(5) the Department of the Interior and related agencies, including funds for road construction and the Alaska Native Fund;
(6) related agencies including funds for the Energy Research and Development Administration, the Federal Energy Administration, Indian Health Services, Petroleum Reserves, and the International Fund for Agricultural Development;
(7) the Department of Labor;
(8) the Department of Health, Education, and Welfare, and related agencies, including funds for Health resources, school assistance in Federally affected areas, and emergency school aid for districts which have adopted desegregation plans;
(9) the legislative branch of the Federal Government, including funds for the 1977 inaugural ceremonies and Senate office building construction;
(10) the Nuclear Regulatory Commission;
(11) the Department of State;
(12) the Department of Justice;
(13) the Department of Commerce;
(14) the Judiciary of the Federal Government;
(15) the Department of Transportation, including funds for the Coast Guard to carry out provisions of the Fishery Conservation Management Act of 1976, and projects substituted for Interstate System projects;
(16) the Department of the Treasury;
(17) the Executive Office of the President, including funds for the Office of Drug Abuse Policy; and
(18) for claims and judgements rendered and against the United States. =
Increased Pay Costs for the Fiscal Year 1976=
Appropriates additional amounts for fiscal year 1976 for increased pay costs for:
(1) the Legislative Branch;
(2) the Judiciary;
(3) the Executive Office of the President;
(4) the Department of Agriculture;
(5) the Department of Commerce;
(6) the Department of Defense;
(7) the Department of Health, Education, and Welfare;
(8) the Department of Housing and Urban Development;
(9) the Department of the Interior;
(10) the Department of Labor;
(11) the Department of Justice;
(12) the Department of State;
(13) the Department of Transportation;
(14) the Department of the Treasury;
(15) the Energy Research and Development Administration;
(16) the General Services Administration;
(17) the National Aeronautics and Space Administration;
(18) the Veterans Administration; and
(19) other independent agencies.
Increased Pay Costs for the Period July 1, 1976 through September 30, 1976=
Appropriates additional amounts for increased pay costs for the interim period for all agencies receiving appropriations under title II of this Act. =
Sets forth provisions which apply generally to all appropriations made by this Act. Prohibits the use of any funds ever appropriated to further fund the Study of the Effect of Marihuana on Human Sexual Response at Southern Illinois University.
House Republican Conference Summary
The summary below was written by the House Republican Conference, which is the caucus of Republicans in the House of Representatives.
No summary available.
House Democratic Caucus Summary
The House Democratic Caucus does not provide summaries of bills.
So, yes, we display the House Republican Conference’s summaries when available even if we do not have a Democratic summary available. That’s because we feel it is better to give you as much information as possible, even if we cannot provide every viewpoint.
We’ll be looking for a source of summaries from the other side in the meanwhile.