Our unique analysis of the bills Benjamin sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1982. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Benjamin is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Benjamin’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7019 (97th): Department of Transportation and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 1983
- H.R. 6505 (97th): Fair Trade in Steel Act of 1982
- H.R. 6029 (97th): A bill to authorize the Secretary of the Interior to acquire by ...
- H.R. 4578 (97th): A bill for the relief of Bert Van Prooyen.
- H.R. 4209 (97th): Department of Transportation and Related Agencies Appropriation Act, 1982
- H.R. 2947 (97th): A bill to authorize the Secretary of Transportation to release restrictions on ...
- H.R. 1224 (97th): A bill for the relief of Steve Tandaric.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1977 to Aug 1982, Benjamin missed 7 of 3,455 roll call votes, which is 0.2%. This is better than the median of 7.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Aug 1982. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills