Our unique analysis of the bills Kinzinger has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Kinzinger is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Kinzinger for more statistics.
Adam Kinzinger sits on the following committees:
Kinzinger sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Kinzinger’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5967: To amend chapter 301 of title 49, United States Code, to improve access ...
- H.Res. 835: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the United States should ...
- H.R. 5727: Preventing Iranian Destabilization of Iraq Act of 2016
- H.R. 5181: Countering Foreign Propaganda and Disinformation Act of 2016
- H.R. 4869: Comprehensive Strategy to Destroy ISIL Act of 2016
- H.Res. 509: Expressing support for the efforts of the Republic of Turkey, the Hashemite Kingdom ...
- H.R. 3103: Rural Spectrum Accessibility Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Kinzinger’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 511: Tribal Labor Sovereignty Act of 2015
Nov 17, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2011 to Sep 2016, Kinzinger missed 54 of 4,087 roll call votes, which is 1.3%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 15 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: