Our unique analysis of the bills Putnam sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Putnam is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Putnam was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 542 (111th): Healthy Kids One Stop Act
- H.R. 3478 (108th): National Archives and Records Administration Efficiency Act of 2004
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Putnam sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Putnam’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5601 (111th): Gulf Coast Homeowners Relief Act of 2010
- H.R. 5602 (111th): Gulf Coast Access to Savings Act of 2010
- H.R. 3948 (111th): Test Prep for Heroes Act
- H.R. 1353 (111th): Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Full Disclosure Act
- H.R. 1162 (111th): E-2 Nonimmigrant Investor Adjustment Act of 2009
- H.R. 1046 (111th): Children’s Product Safety Enhancement and Clarification Act of 2009
- H.R. 897 (111th): Long-Term Care and Retirement Security Act of 2009
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Putnam’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5987 (111th): Seniors Protection Act of 2010
Dec 8, 2010. Failed 254/153.
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.R. 2499 (111th): Puerto Rico Democracy Act of 2010
Apr 29, 2010. Passed 223/169.
H.R. 2997 (111th): Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010
Oct 7, 2009. Passed 263/162.
H.R. 31 (111th): Lumbee Recognition Act
Jun 3, 2009. Passed 240/179.
H.R. 3355 (110th): Homeowners’ Defense Act of 2007
Nov 8, 2007. Passed 258/155.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 2001 to Dec 2010, Putnam missed 329 of 6,962 roll call votes, which is 4.7%. This is worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. ProPublica has tracked 196 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: