Putnam was the representative for Florida’s 12th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2001 to 2010.
Putnam is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Putnam sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Putnam was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 542 (111th): Healthy Kids One Stop Act
- H.R. 3478 (108th): National Archives and Records Administration Efficiency Act of 2004
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Putnam sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Putnam’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5601 (111th): Gulf Coast Homeowners Relief Act of 2010
- H.R. 5602 (111th): Gulf Coast Access to Savings Act of 2010
- H.R. 3948 (111th): Test Prep for Heroes Act
- H.R. 1353 (111th): Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Full Disclosure Act
- H.R. 1162 (111th): E-2 Nonimmigrant Investor Adjustment Act of 2009
- H.R. 1046 (111th): Children’s Product Safety Enhancement and Clarification Act of 2009
- H.R. 897 (111th): Long-Term Care and Retirement Security Act of 2009
|Putnam’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5987 (111th): Seniors Protection Act of 2010
Dec 8, 2010. Failed 254/153.
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.R. 2499 (111th): Puerto Rico Democracy Act of 2010
Apr 29, 2010. Passed 223/169.
H.R. 3355 (110th): Homeowners’ Defense Act of 2007
Nov 8, 2007. Passed 258/155.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 2001 to Dec 2010, Putnam missed 329 of 6,962 roll call votes, which is 4.7%. This is worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: