Our unique analysis of the bills Smith has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Smith is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Smith for more statistics.
Adrian Smith sits on the following committees:
Smith sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (25%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (20%) Environmental Protection (15%) Taxation (10%) Government Operations and Politics (10%) Water Resources Development (10%) Transportation and Public Works (10%)
Some of Smith’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5213: FARM Act
- H.R. 3095: Veterinary Medicine Loan Repayment Program Enhancement Act
- H.J.Res. 59: Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, ...
- H.R. 1885: Securing Access to Rural Postal Services Act of 2015
- H.R. 1736: To amend the Clean Air Act with respect to the ethanol waiver for ...
- H.R. 954: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to exempt from the individual ...
- H.R. 853: Small Airport Regulation Relief Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2007 to Jul 2016, Smith missed 71 of 7,522 roll call votes, which is 0.9%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 31 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: