Read our 2019 Report Card for Espaillat.
Espaillat is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Espaillat has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 4, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Adriano Espaillat sits on the following committees:
Espaillat was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4406 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 99 Macombs Place in New York, New York, as the “Tuskegee Airmen Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 4405 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 4558 Broadway in New York, New York, as the “Stanley Michaels Post Office Building”.
Does 2 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Espaillat sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Immigration (21%) Armed Forces and National Security (12%) Crime and Law Enforcement (12%) Government Operations and Politics (12%) Commerce (12%) International Affairs (12%) Transportation and Public Works (10%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (10%)
Some of Espaillat’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6714: STAY HOME Act of 2020
- H.R. 6343: Small Business COVID-19 Recovery Grants Act of 2020
- H.Res. 863: Reaffirming the importance of ensuring justice is provided to Malcolm X and the ...
- H.Res. 733: Reaffirming the importance of the United States relationship with the Dominican Republic.
- H.R. 5231: Transportation Alternatives Enhancements Act
- H.R. 4986: Green Climate Fund Authorization Act of 2019
- H.R. 4562: Allowing More Transparency in Reviewing Advertising Construction Act
From Jan 2017 to May 2020, Espaillat missed 15 of 2,026 roll call votes, which is 0.7%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: