Read our 2018 Report Card for Espaillat.
Espaillat is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Espaillat has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 21, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Adriano Espaillat sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Foreign Affairs
House Committee on Small Business
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Growth, Tax and Capital Access
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Espaillat was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4406 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 99 Macombs Place in New York, New York, as the “Tuskegee Airmen Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 4405 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 4558 Broadway in New York, New York, as the “Stanley Michaels Post Office Building”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Espaillat sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Immigration (26%) Armed Forces and National Security (13%) Crime and Law Enforcement (13%) Government Operations and Politics (13%) Arts, Culture, Religion (10%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (10%) International Affairs (10%) Environmental Protection (6%)
Some of Espaillat’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2914: To make available necessary disaster assistance for families affected by major disasters, and ...
- H.Res. 367: Recognizing that climate change most severely impacts vulnerable and disadvantaged communities in the ...
- H.R. 2637: Preserving Overseas Immigration Services Act
- H.R. 2303: Gladys Ricart Gun Offender Registry Act
- H.R. 2238: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to extend certain tax benefits ...
- H.R. 2237: STOP Act of 2019
- H.Res. 283: Condemning racism in sports.
From Jan 2017 to May 2019, Espaillat missed 13 of 1,438 roll call votes, which is 0.9%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: