Our unique analysis of the bills Green has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Green is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Green for more statistics.
Al Green sits on the following committees:
Green sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (33%) Armed Forces and National Security (19%) Housing and Community Development (12%) Health (12%) Labor and Employment (10%) Crime and Law Enforcement (8%) Immigration (4%) Education (4%)
Some of Green’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 905: Expressing condolences to the family of Ms. Jacqueline A. Ellis, and commemorating the ...
- H.Res. 904: Honoring Sisters Network Inc.® for its work to raise awareness about the tragic ...
- H.Res. 889: Supporting the goals and ideals of October as National Domestic Violence Awareness Month ...
- H.Res. 772: Original LGBTQ Pride Month Resolution of 2016
- H.Res. 714: Supporting the goals and ideals of the Fair Housing Act and Fair Housing ...
- H.Res. 699: Promoting minority health awareness and supporting the goals and ideals of National Minority ...
- H.R. 5025: 2016 Tax Day Floods Supplemental Funding Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Green’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1599: Safe and Accurate Food Labeling Act of 2015
Jul 23, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2596: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Jun 16, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2262: SPACE Act of 2015
May 21, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 622: State and Local Sales Tax Deduction Fairness Act of 2015
Apr 16, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2005 to Dec 2016, Green missed 209 of 8,858 roll call votes, which is 2.4%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 85 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: