2014 Report CardRead our 2014 Report Card for Franken »
Our unique analysis of the bills Franken has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Franken is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Alan “Al” Franken sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
- Senate Committee on the Judiciary
Some of Franken’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 666: A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to improve the treatment ...
- S. 557: A bill to promote Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate programs.
- S. 476: School Principal Recruitment and Training Act
- S. 439: Student Non-Discrimination Act of 2015
- S. 402: STEM Master Teacher Corps Act of 2015
- S.Res. 554: A resolution recognizing the month of October 2014 as “National Principals Month”.
- S. 2723: Housing for Homeless Students Act of 2014
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jul 2009 to Mar 2015, Franken missed 11 of 1,690 roll call votes, which is 0.7%. This is better than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Joint Resolution Passed 53/46
Sen. Franken [D-MN]: NayMar 4, 2015 11:38 a.m.
S. 666: A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to improve the treatment of medical evidence provided by non-Department of Veterans Affairs medical professionals in support of claims for disability compensation under the laws administered by the Sec
Sponsor: Sen. Alan “Al” Franken [D-MN]
This bill was referred to the Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs which will consider it before sending it to the Senate floor for consideration.Mar 4, 2015
Motion to Proceed Agreed to 53/45
Sen. Franken [D-MN]: NayMar 3, 2015 2:18 p.m.