2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Franken »
Our unique analysis of the bills Franken has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Franken is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Alan “Al” Franken sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
- Senate Committee on the Judiciary
Franken sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Franken’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3070: Hygiene Assistance for Families of Infants and Toddlers Act of 2016
- S. 2913: National Guard 12304b Benefits Parity Act
- S. 2906: China Market Economy Status Congressional Review Act
- S. 2863: Equity in Pretrial Medicaid Coverage Act of 2016
- S. 2858: Prescription Drug and Health Improvement Act of 2016
- S. 2859: College Access Act of 2016
- S. 2836: Protecting Families with Disabilities Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jul 2009 to Jun 2016, Franken missed 14 of 2,071 roll call votes, which is 0.7%. This is better than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: