Our unique analysis of the bills Lowenthal has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Lowenthal is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Lowenthal for more statistics.
Alan Lowenthal sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- House Committee on Natural Resources
Lowenthal sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
International Affairs (33%) Energy (15%) Armed Forces and National Security (11%) Taxation (11%) Animals (7%) Crime and Law Enforcement (7%) Transportation and Public Works (7%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (7%)
Some of Lowenthal’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 953: Recognizing the 68th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the ...
- H.R. 6323: To name the Department of Veterans Affairs health care system in Long Beach, ...
- H.Res. 912: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that congressional redistricting should be ...
- H.R. 6059: Transparency in Energy Production Act of 2016
- H.Res. 728: Supporting human rights, democracy, and the rule of law in Cambodia.
- H.Res. 710: Recognizing the 41st anniversary of the Fall of Saigon on April 30, 1975.
- H.R. 4507: Bureau of Land Management Foundation Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Lowenthal’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 4127: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Dec 1, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 308: Keep the Promise Act of 2015
Nov 16, 2015. Failed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2596: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Jun 16, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2262: SPACE Act of 2015
May 21, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2013 to Dec 2016, Lowenthal missed 26 of 2,529 roll call votes, which is 1.0%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: