2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Lowenthal »
Our unique analysis of the bills Lowenthal has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Lowenthal is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Alan Lowenthal sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- House Committee on Natural Resources
Lowenthal sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
International Affairs (30%) Taxation (13%) Energy (13%) Transportation and Public Works (9%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (9%) Armed Forces and National Security (9%) Animals (9%) Crime and Law Enforcement (9%)
Some of Lowenthal’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 710: Recognizing the 41st anniversary of the Fall of Saigon on April 30, 1975.
- H.R. 4507: Bureau of Land Management Foundation Act
- H.R. 4480: Albatross and Petrel Conservation Act
- H.R. 4389: Ensuring the Taxpayer a Fair Return for Federal Onshore Oil and Gas Resources ...
- H.Res. 562: Recognizing the 67th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the ...
- H.R. 4178: American Unemployed Worker Investment Act of 2015
- H.R. 3977: Trash Reduction Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Apr 2016, Lowenthal missed 23 of 2,086 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: