Our unique analysis of the bills Espy sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1992. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Espy is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Espy sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Espy’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 183 (103rd): Lower Mississippi Delta Development Financing Corporation Act
- H.R. 6188 (102nd): Lower Mississippi Delta Development Financing Corporation Act
- H.R. 5742 (102nd): USDA National Appeals Division Act of 1992
- H.J.Res. 503 (102nd): Acknowledging the sacrifices that military families have made on behalf of the ...
- H.R. 5286 (102nd): Lower Mississippi River Museum and Riverfront Interpretive Site Act of 1992
- H.R. 4531 (102nd): To require the Secretary of Agriculture to include rice in the definition ...
- H.Res. 220 (102nd): To honor accomplishments and express the appreciation for a dedicated career in ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1987 to Jan 1993, Espy missed 231 of 2,781 roll call votes, which is 8.3%. This is much worse than the median of 3.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 1993. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills