Wynn, a Democrat, was the representative for Maryland’s 4th congressional district from 1993 to 2008.
Wynn is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Wynn sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Wynn was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3287 (107th): To redesignate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 900 Brentwood Road, NE, in Washington, D.C., as the “Joseph Curseen, Jr. and Thomas Morris, ...
- H.R. 584 (105th): For the relief of John Wesley Davis.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Wynn sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (24%) Commerce (20%) Science, Technology, Communications (12%) Law (11%) Social Welfare (9%) Armed Forces and National Security (9%) Economics and Public Finance (8%) Labor and Employment (8%)
Some of Wynn’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5533 (110th): Chemical Facilities Security Act of 2008
- H.R. 5500 (110th): Foreclosure Credit Forgiveness Act of 2008
- H.R. 4650 (110th): Congressional Disclosures Protections Act of 2007
- H.R. 4112 (110th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to establish a 15-year ...
- H.R. 3862 (110th): Preparing America’s Seniors for the Digital Transition Act of 2007
- H.R. 3136 (110th): Administrative Law Judges Retirement Act of 2007
- H.R. 3137 (110th): For the relief of Web’s Construction Company, Incorporated.
|Wynn’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 4986 (110th): National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008
Jan 16, 2008. Passed 369/46.
H.R. 1585 (110th): National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008
Dec 12, 2007. Passed 370/49.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 1993 to May 2008, Wynn missed 425 of 9,846 roll call votes, which is 4.3%. This is worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in May 2008. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: