Read our 2018 Report Card for Sires.
Sires is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Sires has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Oct 21, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Albio Sires sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- House Committee on the Budget
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Sires was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1660 (115th): Global Health Innovation Act of 2017
- H.R. 6626 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 413 Washington Avenue in Belleville, New Jersey, as the “Private Henry Svehla Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 6027 (112th): Intercountry Adoption Universal Accreditation Act of 2012
- H.R. 3539 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 427 Harrison Avenue in Harrison, New Jersey, as the “Patricia D. McGinty-Juhl Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 3307 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 570 Broadway in Bayonne, New Jersey, as the “Dennis P. Collins Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 2467 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 69 Montgomery Street in Jersey City, New Jersey, as the “Frank J. Guarini Post Office ...
Does 6 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Sires sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Sires’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4498: Promoting Tourism to Enhance our Economy Act of 2019
- H.Res. 546: Disapproving the Russian Federation’s inclusion in future Group of Seven summits until it ...
- H.Res. 426: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the United States should ...
- H.R. 1800: Local Solutions to End Homelessness Act of 2019
- H.R. 1411: Respect for Peace Corps Volunteers Act
- H.Res. 136: Affirming that the Government of Cuba’s foreign medical missions constitute human trafficking.
- H.R. 1131: Collaborative Academic Research Efforts for Tourette Syndrome Act of 2019
From Nov 2006 to Oct 2019, Sires missed 461 of 9,481 roll call votes, which is 4.9%. This is much worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: