Our unique analysis of the bills Sires has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Sires is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Sires for more statistics.
Albio Sires sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Foreign Affairs
House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings, and Emergency Management
- Member, Subcommittee on Highways and Transit
- Member, Subcommittee on Railroads, Pipelines, and Hazardous Materials
Sires sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Transportation and Public Works (26%) International Affairs (26%) Health (13%) Housing and Community Development (10%) Emergency Management (6%) Immigration (6%) Commerce (6%) Armed Forces and National Security (6%)
Some of Sires’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 536: Supporting freedom of the press in Latin America and the Caribbean and condemning ...
- H.R. 2241: Global Health Innovation Act of 2015
- H.R. 1053: To establish a regulatory framework for the comprehensive protection of personal data for ...
- H.R. 619: Collaborative Academic Research Efforts for Tourette Syndrome Act of 2015
- H.R. 268: Promoting Tourism to Enhance our Economy Act of 2015
- H.R. 267: Respect for Peace Corps Volunteers Act
- H.R. 198: MOVE Freight Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Sires’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5461: Iranian Leadership Asset Transparency Act
Sep 21, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 2017: Common Sense Nutrition Disclosure Act of 2015
Feb 12, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 702: To adapt to changing crude oil market conditions.
Oct 9, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 3461: To approve the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, signed at Vienna on July 14, 2015, relating to the ...
Sep 11, 2015. Failed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Nov 2006 to Dec 2016, Sires missed 385 of 7,679 roll call votes, which is 5.0%. This is much worse than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 44 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: