Read our 2016 Report Card for Sires.
Our unique analysis of the bills Sires has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Sires is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Albio Sires sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Foreign Affairs
House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings, and Emergency Management
- Member, Subcommittee on Highways and Transit
- Member, Subcommittee on Railroads, Pipelines, and Hazardous Materials
Sires was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 6027 (112th): Intercountry Adoption Universal Accreditation Act of 2012
- H.R. 3539 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 427 Harrison Avenue in Harrison, New Jersey, as the “Patricia D. McGinty-Juhl Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 3307 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 570 Broadway in Bayonne, New Jersey, as the “Dennis P. Collins Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 2467 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 69 Montgomery Street in Jersey City, New Jersey, as the “Frank J. Guarini Post Office ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Sires sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Sires’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2865: Better Education and Skills Training for America’s Workforce Act
- H.R. 1660: Global Health Innovation Act of 2017
- H.R. 1295: Respect for Peace Corps Volunteers Act
- H.R. 1093: To require the Federal Railroad Administration and the Federal Transit Authority to provide ...
- H.R. 1028: Commute Less Act of 2017
- H.R. 979: Promoting Tourism to Enhance our Economy Act of 2017
- H.Res. 54: Reaffirming the United States-Argentina partnership and recognizing Argentina’s economic reforms.
|Sires’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
H.R. 5461: Iranian Leadership Asset Transparency Act
Sep 21, 2016. Passed 282/143.
H.R. 3461: To approve the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, signed at Vienna on July 14, 2015, relating to the ...
Sep 11, 2015. Failed 162/269.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 10 (113th): Success and Opportunity through Quality Charter Schools Act
May 9, 2014. Passed 360/45.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.Res. 317 (111th): Recognizing the region from Manhattan, Kansas, to Columbia, Missouri, as the Kansas City Animal Health Corridor, and ...
Sep 15, 2009. Passed 312/108.
H.R. 31 (111th): Lumbee Recognition Act
Jun 3, 2009. Passed 240/179.
From Nov 2006 to Sep 2017, Sires missed 399 of 8,222 roll call votes, which is 4.9%. This is much worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 44 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: