Padilla is the junior senator from California and is a Democrat. He has served since Jan 20, 2021. Padilla is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Alejandro “Alex” Padilla sits on the following committees:
Some of Padilla’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2103: A bill to amend the Revised Statutes of the United States to hold ...
- S. 2004: A bill to provide for the basic needs of students at institutions of ...
- S. 1970: A bill to require the Secretary of Defense to conduct testing for and ...
- S. 1912: A bill to clarify the rights of certain persons who are held or ...
- S. 1797: Urban Indian Health Providers Facilities Improvement Act
- S. 1718: Rosie the Riveter National Historic Site Expansion Act
- S. 1459: PUBLIC Lands Act
From Jan 2021 to Jun 2021, Padilla missed 0 of 240 roll call votes, which is 0.0%. This is better than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills