Read our 2019 Report Card for Mooney.
Mooney is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Mooney has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Nov 20, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Alex Mooney sits on the following committees:
Mooney sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Finance and Financial Sector (37%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (20%) Crime and Law Enforcement (10%) Economics and Public Finance (7%) Education (7%) Armed Forces and National Security (7%) International Affairs (7%) Taxation (7%)
Some of Mooney’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4896: AID in Appalachia Act
- H.R. 2558: To define the dollar as a fixed weight of gold.
- H.R. 2559: Gold Reserve Transparency Act of 2019
- H.R. 2071: Second Amendment Protection Act
- H.R. 1862: Federal Insurance Office Abolishment Act of 2019
- H.R. 1089: Monetary Metals Tax Neutrality Act of 2019
- H.R. 853: Army Combat Action Badge Eligibility Act
From Jan 2015 to Nov 2020, Mooney missed 44 of 3,463 roll call votes, which is 1.3%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: