Read our 2018 Report Card for Mooney.
Mooney is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Mooney has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 24, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Alex Mooney sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Financial Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Diversity and Inclusion
- Member, Subcommittee on Investor Protection, Entrepreneurship, and Capital Markets
Mooney sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Finance and Financial Sector (37%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (20%) Crime and Law Enforcement (10%) Armed Forces and National Security (7%) International Affairs (7%) Taxation (7%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (7%) Economics and Public Finance (7%)
Some of Mooney’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2558: To define the dollar as a fixed weight of gold.
- H.R. 2559: Gold Reserve Transparency Act of 2019
- H.R. 2071: Second Amendment Protection Act
- H.R. 1862: Federal Insurance Office Abolishment Act of 2019
- H.R. 1089: Monetary Metals Tax Neutrality Act of 2019
- H.R. 853: Army Combat Action Badge Eligibility Act
- H.Res. 56: Protecting Religious Freedom in America.
From Jan 2015 to Jun 2019, Mooney missed 43 of 2,949 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: