Read our 2020 Report Card for Ocasio-Cortez.
Ocasio-Cortez is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Ocasio-Cortez has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Feb 23, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Ocasio-Cortez sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Ocasio-Cortez’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 659: Repeal the Faircloth Amendment Act of 2021
- H.R. 8019 (116th): Climate Equity Act of 2020
- H.R. 7711 (116th): Badge Transparency Act of 2020
- H.R. 7221 (116th): Prohibiting Law Enforcement Use of Chemical Weapons Act
- H.R. 6989 (116th): Pandemic Anti-Monopoly Act of 2020
- H.R. 6852 (116th): To prohibit the Secretary of the Treasury and the Board of Governors ...
- H.R. 6851 (116th): To require major corporations receiving Federal aid related to COVID-19 to make ...
From Jan 2019 to Feb 2021, Ocasio-Cortez missed 6 of 991 roll call votes, which is 0.6%. This is better than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: