Read our 2020 Report Card for Ocasio-Cortez.
Ocasio-Cortez is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Ocasio-Cortez has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Jun 16, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez sits on the following committees:
Ocasio-Cortez sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Housing and Community Development (20%) Commerce (16%) Environmental Protection (16%) Finance and Financial Sector (12%) Crime and Law Enforcement (12%) Emergency Management (8%) Labor and Employment (8%) International Affairs (8%)
Some of Ocasio-Cortez’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 49: Providing for congressional disapproval of the proposed direct commercial sale to Israel of ...
- H.R. 2670: The Civilian Climate Corps for Jobs and Justice Act
- H.Res. 332: Recognizing the duty of the Federal Government to create a Green New Deal.
- H.R. 2664: Green New Deal for Public Housing Act
- H.Res. 239: Commemorating the 50th anniversary of Bangladesh’s independence.
- H.R. 659: Repeal the Faircloth Amendment Act of 2021
- H.R. 8019 (116th): Climate Equity Act of 2020
From Jan 2019 to Jun 2021, Ocasio-Cortez missed 10 of 1,126 roll call votes, which is 0.9%. This is better than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: