Read our 2019 Report Card for Ocasio-Cortez.
Ocasio-Cortez is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Ocasio-Cortez has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Mar 27, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez sits on the following committees:
Ocasio-Cortez sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Ocasio-Cortez’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6360: To establish requirements on accelerated filers receiving Federal aid related to COVID-19, to ...
- H.R. 5857: Fracking Ban Act
- H.R. 5185: Green New Deal for Public Housing Act
- H.R. 5072: A Just Society: A Place to Prosper Act of 2019
- H.R. 5070: A Just Society: The Mercy In Re-entry Act
- H.R. 5073: A Just Society: The Uplift Our Workers Act
- H.R. 5071: A Just Society: The Embrace Act
From Jan 2019 to Mar 2020, Ocasio-Cortez missed 5 of 803 roll call votes, which is 0.6%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: