Ocasio-Cortez is the representative for New York’s 14th congressional district (view map) and is a Democrat. She has served since Jan 3, 2019. Ocasio-Cortez is next up for reelection in 2020 and serves until Jan 3, 2021.
Make sure you are registered to vote and that you vote by mail, early, or know your polling location — see vote.org for help.
Read our 2019 Report Card for Ocasio-Cortez.
Ocasio-Cortez is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Ocasio-Cortez has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Oct 16, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez sits on the following committees:
Ocasio-Cortez sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Ocasio-Cortez’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 8019: Climate Equity Act of 2020
- H.R. 7711: Badge Transparency Act of 2020
- H.R. 7221: Prohibiting Law Enforcement Use of Chemical Weapons Act
- H.R. 6989: Pandemic Anti-Monopoly Act of 2020
- H.R. 6852: To prohibit the Secretary of the Treasury and the Board of Governors of ...
- H.R. 6851: To require major corporations receiving Federal aid related to COVID-19 to make annual ...
- H.R. 6828: COVID-19 Funeral Assistance Fund
From Jan 2019 to Oct 2020, Ocasio-Cortez missed 6 of 919 roll call votes, which is 0.7%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: