Boyd was the representative for Florida’s 2nd congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 1997 to 2010.
Boyd was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3217 (108th): To provide for the conveyance of several small parcels of National Forest System land in the Apalachicola National Forest, Florida, to resolve boundary discrepancies involving the Mt. ...
- H.R. 1666 (106th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service at 200 East Pinckney Street in Madison, Florida, as the “Captain Colin P. Kelly, Jr. Post Office”.
- H.R. 3038 (105th): To provide for the design, construction, furnishing, and equipping of a Center for Historically Black Heritage within Florida A&M University.
Does 3 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Boyd sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (26%) Water Resources Development (17%) Economics and Public Finance (13%) International Affairs (9%) Transportation and Public Works (9%) Native Americans (9%) Environmental Protection (9%) Armed Forces and National Security (9%)
Some of Boyd’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1284 (111th): Supporting the goals and ideals of International Learn to Fly Day, and ...
- H.R. 4723 (111th): Gulf of Mexico Red Snapper Fishery Protection Act
- H.R. 4022 (111th): Gulf Oyster Protection Act of 2009
- H.R. 3954 (111th): Florida National Forest Land Adjustment Act of 2010
- H.R. 3411 (111th): To exempt certain coastal barrier areas in Florida from limitations on Federal ...
- H.R. 2644 (111th): To waive the 35-mile rule to permit recognition of Gadsden Community Hospital ...
- H.R. 1901 (111th): To provide for a comprehensive study by the National Research Council of ...
From Jan 1997 to Dec 2010, Boyd missed 332 of 9,363 roll call votes, which is 3.5%. This is on par with the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: