West was a moderate Republican follower according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from West’s time serving in the House of Representatives. West’s bills had a total of 76 cosponsors in the 112th Congress.
Use this chart to compare West to other members of the House of Representatives in the 112th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of West’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 800 (112th): Expressing support for designation of November 2012 as Stomach Cancer Awareness Month.
- H.R. 6365 (112th): National Security and Job Protection Act
- H.R. 4294 (112th): Limited End Strength Reduction Act of 2012
- H.Res. 565 (112th): Commemorating the 100th anniversary of the Palm City Community in Martin County, ...
- H.R. 2881 (112th): Foreign Service Line of Duty Death Gratuity Act of 2011
- H.R. 1663 (112th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to temporarily provide the ...
- H.Res. 205 (112th): Congratulating the Town of Palm Beach and its citizens on its 100 ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Jan 2013, West missed 5 of 1,606 roll call votes, which is 0.3%. This is better than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity