West was the representative for Florida’s 22nd congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2011 to 2012.
West is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills West sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 4, 2007 to Jan 1, 2013. See full analysis methodology.
West sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
West recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.Res. 800 (112th): Expressing support for designation of November 2012 as Stomach Cancer Awareness Month.
- H.R. 6365 (112th): National Security and Job Protection Act
- H.R. 4294 (112th): Limited End Strength Reduction Act of 2012
- H.Res. 565 (112th): Commemorating the 100th anniversary of the Palm City Community in Martin County, …
- H.R. 2881 (112th): Foreign Service Line of Duty Death Gratuity Act of 2011
- H.R. 1663 (112th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to temporarily provide the …
- H.Res. 205 (112th): Congratulating the Town of Palm Beach and its citizens on its 100 …
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2011 to Jan 2013, West missed 5 of 1,606 roll call votes, which is 0.3%. This is better than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: