West was the representative for Florida’s 22nd congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2011 to 2012.
West is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills West sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
West sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of West’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 800 (112th): Expressing support for designation of November 2012 as Stomach Cancer Awareness Month.
- H.R. 6365 (112th): National Security and Job Protection Act
- H.R. 4294 (112th): Limited End Strength Reduction Act of 2012
- H.Res. 565 (112th): Commemorating the 100th anniversary of the Palm City Community in Martin County, ...
- H.R. 2881 (112th): Foreign Service Line of Duty Death Gratuity Act of 2011
- H.R. 1663 (112th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to temporarily provide the ...
- H.Res. 205 (112th): Congratulating the Town of Palm Beach and its citizens on its 100 ...
|West’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 2362 (112th): Indian Tribal Trade and Investment Demonstration Project Act of 2011
Jul 23, 2012. Failed 222/160.
S. 365 (112th): Budget Control Act of 2011
Aug 1, 2011. Passed 269/161.
The Budget Control Act of 2011 (Pub.L. 112–25, S. 365, 125 Stat. 240, enacted August 2, 2011) is a federal statute enacted by the 112th United States Congress and signed into law by US President Barack Obama on August 2, 2011. The Act brought conclusion ...
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant legislative change to the U.S. patent system since the ...
H.J.Res. 48 (112th): Additional Continuing Appropriations Amendments, 2011
Mar 15, 2011. Passed 271/158.
From Jan 2011 to Jan 2013, West missed 5 of 1,606 roll call votes, which is 0.3%. This is better than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: