Schwartz was the representative for Pennsylvania’s 13th congressional district and was a Democrat. She served from 2005 to 2014.
Read our 2014 Report Card for Schwartz.
Schwartz is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2014 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Schwartz sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2009 to Dec 11, 2014. See full analysis methodology.
Schwartz sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Schwartz’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5715 (113th): Child’s Insurance Benefits Improvement Act of 2014
- H.R. 5375 (113th): Servicemembers Access to Justice Act of 2014
- H.R. 5200 (113th): Care Coordination for Older Americans Act of 2014
- H.R. 4916 (113th): POWER Act
- H.R. 3456 (113th): To amend title 38, United States Code, to improve the enrollment of ...
- H.R. 3437 (113th): College Affordability Act of 2013
- H.R. 3336 (113th): Inspiring Scientific Research and Innovation Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2014
From Jan 2005 to Dec 2014, Schwartz missed 353 of 7,555 roll call votes, which is 4.7%. This is worse than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2014. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: