Our unique analysis of the bills Adams has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Adams is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Adams for more statistics.
Alma Adams sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Agriculture
- Member, Subcommittee on Nutrition
- House Committee on Education and the Workforce
House Committee on Small Business
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Investigations, Oversight and Regulations
Adams sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Adams’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5560: Public Safety and Wildlife Protection Act
- H.R. 5530: HBCU Capital Financing Improvement Act
- H.R. 5215: Closing the Meal Gap Act of 2016
- H.R. 4857: HBCU Innovation Fund Act
- H.R. 4788: SCORE for Small Business Act of 2016
- H.R. 4475: Youth Access to Sexual Health Services Act of 2016
- H.R. 4326: Small and Disadvantaged Business Enhancement Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Nov 2014 to Sep 2016, Adams missed 103 of 1,325 roll call votes, which is 7.8%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 41 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: