Read our 2017 Report Card for Adams.
Adams is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Adams has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Alma Adams sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Small Business
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Investigations, Oversight and Regulations
House Committee on Agriculture
- Member, Subcommittee on Nutrition
- House Committee on Education and the Workforce
Adams was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 3735 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 200 Town Run Lane in Winston Salem, North Carolina, as the “Maya Angelou Memorial Post ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Adams sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Adams’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 818: Recognizing “Black Maternal Health Week” to bring national attention to the maternal health ...
- H.R. 5451: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 10926 ...
- H.R. 5416: Women Small Business Growth Act
- H.R. 5309: To amend the Second Morrill Act to authorize the transmission to Congress of ...
- H.Res. 746: Supporting the goal and ideal of increasing the number of African American women ...
- H.R. 4984: Carryover Equity Act
- H.Res. 586: Recognizing the growth and importance of minority women-owned businesses.
|Adams’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1695: Register of Copyrights Selection and Accountability Act of 2017
Apr 26, 2017. Passed 378/48.
This bill would change the appointment process for the head of the U.S. Copyright Office, known as the Register of Copyrights. Currently the Register of Copyrights is hired by the Librarian of Congress (who is the head of the Library of Congress). This bill would ...
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.R. 4681 (113th): Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2015
Dec 10, 2014. Passed 325/100.
From Nov 2014 to Apr 2018, Adams missed 123 of 2,230 roll call votes, which is 5.5%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: