Read our 2019 Report Card for Bera.
Bera is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Bera has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Nov 30, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Ami Bera sits on the following committees:
Bera sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Bera’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 8702: Holding Providers Harmless From Medicare Cuts During COVID-19 Act of 2020
- H.R. 8475: TEACH Act
- H.Res. 1012: Recognizing the historic transformation of the United States-Republic of Korea alliance since the ...
- H.R. 7234: We Go Together Act
- H.R. 6615: COVID-19 Oral History Project Act
- H.R. 6334: Securing America From Epidemics Act
- H.R. 5760: Grid Security Research and Development Act
From Jan 2013 to Nov 2020, Bera missed 28 of 4,667 roll call votes, which is 0.6%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: