Read our 2020 Report Card for Bera.
Bera is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Bera has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Oct 26, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Ami Bera sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology Vice Chair
House Committee on Foreign Affairs
Africa, Global Health, and Global Human Rights subcommittees
- Asia, the Pacific, Central Asia, and Nonproliferation subcommittee Chair
Bera sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Bera’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5610: Easy Enrollment in Health Care Act
- H.R. 5580: Countering China Economic Coercion Act
- H.R. 5149: Ensuring Access to General Surgery Act of 2021
- H.R. 5072: Housing for Afghan Allies Act of 2021
- H.R. 4939: Grid Security Research and Development Act
- H.R. 3972: Taiwan Peace and Stability Act
- H.Res. 456: Remembering the victims of the 1989 Tiananmen Square massacre and condemning the continued …
From Jan 2013 to Oct 2021, Bera missed 29 of 5,030 roll call votes, which is 0.6%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: