Read our 2019 Report Card for Bera.
Bera is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Bera has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Sep 16, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Ami Bera sits on the following committees:
Bera sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Bera’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1012: Recognizing the 70th anniversary of the outbreak of the Korean war and the ...
- H.R. 7234: We Go Together Act
- H.R. 6615: COVID-19 Oral History Project Act
- H.R. 6334: Securing America From Epidemics Act
- H.R. 5760: Grid Security Research and Development Act
- H.R. 4921: STAND Act
- H.R. 4787: Working Students Act
From Jan 2013 to Sep 2020, Bera missed 28 of 4,635 roll call votes, which is 0.6%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: