Our unique analysis of the bills Bera has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Bera is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Bera for more statistics.
Ami Bera sits on the following committees:
Bera sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Bera’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6134: TechCorps Act
- H.R. 5761: Train the Future Act
- H.Res. 804: Amending the Rules of the House of Representatives to allow independent, non-government television ...
- H.R. 4217: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to determine eligibility for health ...
- H.R. 3951: To establish in the Veterans Health Administration of the Department of Veterans Affairs ...
- H.Res. 395: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives commemorating the Republic of India’s ...
- H.R. 2463: DROP Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Sep 2016, Bera missed 24 of 2,470 roll call votes, which is 1.0%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: