Read our 2018 Report Card for Bera.
Bera is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Bera has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 24, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Ami Bera sits on the following committees:
Bera sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Bera’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2061: Pathway to Universal Coverage Act of 2019
- H.R. 1841: Ensuring Access to General Surgery Act of 2019
- H.R. 1646: HERO Act of 2019
- H.R. 1398: Health Insurance Tax Relief Act of 2019
- H.R. 760: Protect Unpaid Federal Workers Act
- H.R. 6936: Bridge to Medicare Act of 2018
- H.R. 6937: Health Savings Modernization Act of 2018
From Jan 2013 to May 2019, Bera missed 26 of 3,970 roll call votes, which is 0.7%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: