Bera is the representative for California’s 7th congressional district (view map) and is a Democrat. He has served since Jan 3, 2013. Bera is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Bera.
Bera is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Bera has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to May 12, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Ami Bera sits on the following committees:
Bera sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Bera’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3084: To establish the Taiwan Fellowship Program, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 2118: To authorize United States participation in the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations, and ...
- H.R. 1796: Health Care Enrollment Innovation Act
- H.R. 1480: HERO Act
- H.R. 791: Tracking COVID–19 Variants Act
- H.R. 8702 (116th): Holding Providers Harmless From Medicare Cuts During COVID–19 Act of 2020
- H.R. 8475 (116th): TEACH Act
From Jan 2013 to May 2021, Bera missed 28 of 4,835 roll call votes, which is 0.6%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: