Bera is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Bera has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Nov 22, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
Ami Bera sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology Vice Chair
House Committee on Foreign Affairs
Africa, Global Health, and Global Human Rights subcommittees
- Asia, the Pacific, Central Asia, and Nonproliferation subcommittee Chair
Bera sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Bera recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 9094: STAAR Act
- H.R. 8995: To require the Secretary of Health and Human Services to establish a program …
- H.R. 8800: Supporting Medicare Providers Act of 2022
- H.R. 8780: Expand eXpertise in China Education and Language Act
- H.R. 8654: End Tuberculosis Now Act of 2022
- H.R. 8153: Indo-Pacific Engagement Act
- H.R. 7435: Health Savings for Seniors Act
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2013 to Nov 2022, Bera missed 65 of 5,610 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: