Read our 2018 Report Card for Carson.
Carson is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Carson has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jul 12, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
André Carson sits on the following committees:
House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- Chair, Subcommittee on Counterterrorism, Counterintelligence, and Counterproliferation
- Member, Subcommittee on Strategic Technologies and Advanced Research
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Carson was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4851: Kennedy-King National Commemorative Site Act
- H.R. 4957 (114th): To designate the Federal building located at 99 New York Avenue, N.E., in the District of Columbia as the “Ariel Rios Federal Building”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Carson sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Education (26%) Government Operations and Politics (20%) Health (20%) Commerce (9%) Emergency Management (9%) Finance and Financial Sector (6%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (6%) Social Welfare (6%)
Some of Carson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3152: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 456 ...
- H.R. 2799: Duck Boat Safety Act
- H.Res. 161: Expressing support for the designation of the last day of February each year ...
- H.R. 804: Transition-to-Success Mentoring Act
- H.R. 7256 (115th): To implement recommendations related to the safety of amphibious passenger vessels, and ...
- H.R. 6565: Emerging Business Encouragement Act of 2018
- H.R. 6051 (115th): Federal Protective Service Parity Act of 2017
From Mar 2008 to Jul 2019, Carson missed 191 of 8,029 roll call votes, which is 2.4%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: