Our unique analysis of the bills Seastrand sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1996. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Seastrand is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Seastrand sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (18%) Science, Technology, Communications (14%) Taxation (14%) Transportation and Public Works (14%) Economics and Public Finance (14%) Labor and Employment (9%) Law (9%) Finance and Financial Sector (9%)
Some of Seastrand’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4059 (104th): To provide for the acquisition of certain property on Santa Cruz Island.
- H.R. 3415 (104th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to repeal the 4.3-cent ...
- H.R. 2481 (104th): To designate the Federal Triangle Project under construction at 14th Street and ...
- H.R. 1737 (104th): National Spaceport Act
- H.R. 1631 (104th): National Spaceport Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1995 to Sep 1996, Seastrand missed 41 of 1,340 roll call votes, which is 3.1%. This is on par with the median of 2.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 1996. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills