Our unique analysis of the bills Ireland sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1992. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Ireland is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Ireland’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5774 (102nd): For the relief of LeeAnn Bassett Helmick, Lynn Bassett Holland, and Louise ...
- H.R. 5765 (102nd): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to exempt from the ...
- H.R. 5249 (102nd): Gulf of Mexico Preservation Act of 1992
- H.R. 5177 (102nd): Small Business Cost Estimate Act of 1992
- H.R. 5063 (102nd): To abolish the centralized cost centers that were established by the military ...
- H.R. 5062 (102nd): To amend title 10, United States Code, to strengthen the requirements with ...
- H.R. 4837 (102nd): To amend title 31, United States Code, to limit the authority of ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1977 to Oct 1992, Ireland missed 1,073 of 8,199 roll call votes, which is 13.1%. This is much worse than the median of 4.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1992. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills