Our unique analysis of the bills Harris has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Harris is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Harris for more statistics.
Andy Harris sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Homeland Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies
Harris sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (22%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (17%) Crime and Law Enforcement (17%) Taxation (9%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (9%) Environmental Protection (9%) Government Operations and Politics (9%) Science, Technology, Communications (9%)
Some of Harris’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5549: Medical Marijuana Research Act of 2016
- H.R. 3508: American Solution for Simplifying the Estate Tax Act of 2015
- H.R. 3498: Human Cloning Prohibition Act of 2105 [sic]
- H.R. 2448: To amend the Public Health Service Act to authorize a program of high-risk, ...
- H.R. 2447: To amend the Public Health Service Act to provide for an NIH research ...
- H.R. 221: Obamacare Taxpayer Bailout Prevention Act
- H.R. 5872 (113th): American Solution for Simplifying the Estate Tax Act of 2014
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Jul 2016, Harris missed 49 of 3,991 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: