Craig is the representative for Minnesota’s 2nd congressional district (view map) and is a Democrat. She has served since Jan 3, 2019. Craig is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Craig.
Craig is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Craig has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Jun 11, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Angie Craig sits on the following committees:
Craig was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 7437 (116th): To extend the authority for commitments for the paycheck protection program and separate amounts authorized for other loans under section 7(a) of the Small Business Act, and ...
- H.R. 5389 (116th): Payment Integrity Information Act of 2019
- H.R. 3779 (116th): Resilience Revolving Loan Fund Act of 2019
Does 3 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Craig sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Craig’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 399: Recognizing “National Public Works Week”.
- H.R. 3186: To award career pathways innovation grants to local educational agencies and consortia of ...
- H.R. 3092: To adjust the applicability of certain amendments to the Truth in Lending Act, ...
- H.R. 2464: More Help for Seniors Act of 2021
- H.R. 2303: Supporting Apprenticeship Colleges Act of 2021
- H.R. 2008: Local Water Protection Act
- H.R. 1878: State Health Care Premium Reduction Act of 2021
From Jan 2019 to May 2021, Craig missed 0 of 1,110 roll call votes, which is 0.0%. This is better than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: