Read our 2020 Report Card for Craig.
Craig is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Craig has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Nov 26, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Angie Craig sits on the following committees:
Craig was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 7437 (116th): To extend the authority for commitments for the paycheck protection program and separate amounts authorized for other loans under section 7(a) of the Small Business Act, and …
- H.R. 5389 (116th): Payment Integrity Information Act of 2019
- H.R. 3779 (116th): Resilience Revolving Loan Fund Act of 2019
Does 3 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Craig sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (23%) Commerce (20%) Transportation and Public Works (17%) Education (14%) Environmental Protection (9%) Science, Technology, Communications (6%) Finance and Financial Sector (6%) Native Americans (6%)
Some of Craig’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 808: Designating November 17, 2021, as “National Butter Day”.
- H.Res. 734: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the United States Postal …
- H.R. 4807: Safe Stay Act
- H.R. 4410: Year-Round Fuel Choice Act of 2021
- H.Res. 399: Recognizing “National Public Works Week”.
- H.R. 3186: 21st Century Workforce Partnerships Act
- H.R. 3092: Ryan Frascone Memorial Student Loan Relief Act of 2021
From Jan 2019 to Dec 2021, Craig missed 2 of 1,355 roll call votes, which is 0.1%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: