Craig is the representative for Minnesota’s 2nd congressional district (view map) and is a Democrat. She has served since Jan 3, 2019. Craig is next up for reelection in 2020 and serves until Jan 3, 2021.
Make sure you are registered to vote and that you vote by mail, early, or know your polling location — see vote.org for help.
Read our 2019 Report Card for Craig.
Craig is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Craig has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Oct 27, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Angie Craig sits on the following committees:
Craig was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 7437: To extend the authority for commitments for the paycheck protection program and separate amounts authorized for other loans under section 7(a) of the Small Business Act, and for ...
- H.R. 5389: Payment Integrity Information Act of 2019
Does 2 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Craig sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Craig’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 8555: To direct the Secretary of Health and Human Services to submit to Congress ...
- H.R. 8211: 504 Modernization and Small Manufacturer Enhancement Act of 2020
- H.R. 7957: High School Student Unemployment Eligibility Clarification Act of 2020
- H.R. 7958: Suppress COVID-19 Act of 2020
- H.R. 7625: Ryan Frascone Memorial Student Loan Relief Act of 2020
- H.R. 7511: Supporting Apprenticeship Colleges Act of 2020
- H.R. 7437: To extend the authority for commitments for the paycheck protection program and separate ...
From Jan 2019 to Oct 2020, Craig missed 0 of 919 roll call votes, which is 0.0%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: