Our unique analysis of the bills King has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). King is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for King for more statistics.
Angus King sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
- Senate Committee on the Budget
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
- Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
King sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Energy (21%) Government Operations and Politics (14%) Finance and Financial Sector (14%) Taxation (14%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (10%) Education (10%) Agriculture and Food (10%) Transportation and Public Works (7%)
Some of King’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3230: Senior Home Modification Assistance Initiative Act
- S. 3233: PACE Act
- S. 3208: ACE Act
- S. 3174: LADDER Act
- S. 3126: A bill to amend the Congressional Budget Act of 1974 respecting the scoring ...
- S.Res. 513: A resolution designating September 25, 2016, as “National Lobster Day”.
- S. 3091: EMPOWER Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Sep 2016, King missed 16 of 1,141 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is on par with the median of 1.7% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: