2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for King »
Our unique analysis of the bills King has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). King is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Angus King sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
- Senate Committee on the Budget
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
- Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
King sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Energy (21%) Government Operations and Politics (17%) Finance and Financial Sector (17%) Education (13%) Taxation (8%) Agriculture and Food (8%) Armed Forces and National Security (8%) Transportation and Public Works (8%)
Some of King’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2651: PRIME Act
- S. 2356: Private Sector Call Record Retention Act
- S. 2212: Real Time Transparency Act
- S. 2003: Free Market Energy Act
- S. 1899: Asylum Seeker Work Authorization Act of 2015
- S.Res. 230: A resolution designating September 25, 2015, as “National Lobster Day”.
- S. 1702: Fairness in Respondent Selection Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to May 2016, King missed 16 of 1,083 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is on par with the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: