Cao was the representative for Louisiana’s 2nd congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2009 to 2010.
Cao is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Cao sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 4, 2005 to Dec 21, 2010. See full analysis methodology.
Cao was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 3951 (111th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 2000 Louisiana Avenue in New Orleans, Louisiana, as the “Roy Rondeno, Sr. Post Office Building”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Cao sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Cao’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6433 (111th): Vietnam Human Rights Sanctions Act
- H.R. 6432 (111th): Vietnam Democracy Promotion Act of 2010
- H.Res. 1577 (111th): Observing the fifth anniversary of the date on which Hurricane Katrina devastated ...
- H.R. 5684 (111th): Maritime Infrastructure Security and Counterterrorism Act
- H.R. 5553 (111th): National Flood Insurance Program Extension Act of 2010
- H.R. 5267 (111th): To amend the Gulf of Mexico Energy Security Act of 2006 to ...
- H.Res. 1331 (111th): Recognizing and appreciating the historical significance and the heroic struggle and sacrifice ...
From Jan 2009 to Dec 2010, Cao missed 106 of 1,655 roll call votes, which is 6.4%. This is much worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: