Our unique analysis of the bills Acevedo-Vilá sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2004. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Acevedo-Vilá is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Acevedo-Vilá was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3742 (108th): To designate the United States courthouse and post office building located at 93 Atocha Street in Ponce, Puerto Rico, as the “Luis A. Ferre United States Courthouse ...
- H.R. 2826 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1000 Avenida Sanchez Osorio in Carolina, Puerto Rico, as the “Roberto Clemente Walker Post Office ...
- H.R. 3954 (107th): Caribbean National Forest Wild and Scenic Rivers Act of 2002
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Acevedo-Vilá sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (24%) Economics and Public Finance (20%) Social Welfare (15%) Families (13%) Health (9%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (7%) Armed Forces and National Security (7%) Science, Technology, Communications (6%)
Some of Acevedo-Vilá’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5396 (108th): Financial Transactions Equity Act of 2004
- H.R. 5042 (108th): To amend the Department of Agriculture Organic Act of 1944 to ensure ...
- H.R. 3898 (108th): To authorize construction of a new (replacement) medical center for the Department ...
- H.R. 3852 (108th): To extend the benefits of the weatherization assistance program under part A ...
- H.R. 3742 (108th): To designate the United States courthouse and post office building located at ...
- H.R. 3290 (108th): Fair Nutrition for American Citizens Act of 2003
- H.R. 3291 (108th): SCHIP Territorial Allocation Equity Act of 2003
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: