Read our 2016 Report Card for Kirkpatrick.
Kirkpatrick is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2016 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Kirkpatrick sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Kirkpatrick was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4416 (113th): To redesignate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 161 Live Oak Street in Miami, Arizona, as the “Staff Sergeant Manuel V. Mendoza Post ...
- H.R. 862 (113th): To authorize the conveyance of two small parcels of land within the boundaries of the Coconino National Forest containing private improvements that were developed based upon the ...
- H.R. 3553 (111th): Indian Veterans Housing Opportunity Act of 2010
- H.R. 1065 (111th): White Mountain Apache Tribe Water Rights Quantification Act of 2010
- H.R. 1513 (111th): Veterans’ Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 2009
- H.R. 1762 (111th): To repeal section 10(f) of Public Law 93-531, commonly known as the “Bennett Freeze”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Kirkpatrick sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Kirkpatrick’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5433 (114th): To amend the Claims Resolution Act of 2010 to clarify the use ...
- H.R. 4842 (114th): American Dream Employment Act of 2016
- H.R. 4744 (114th): SAFETY Act
- H.R. 3911 (114th): To make technical amendments to the Act of December 22, 1974, relating ...
- H.R. 3253 (114th): Expedited Consideration of Cuts, Consolidations, and Savings Act of 2015
- H.R. 3252 (114th): Extracurricular Programs for Indian Children Act of 2015
- H.R. 2958 (114th): Dine College Act of 2015
|Kirkpatrick’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 308: Keep the Promise Act of 2015
Nov 16, 2015. Failed 263/146.
H.R. 2596: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Jun 16, 2015. Passed 247/178.
The Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016 (IAA), H.R. 2596, was passed by the House on June 16. The IAA would authorize funding for intelligence-related agencies such as the Central Intelligence Agency, National Security Agency, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. It was passed ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 2217 (113th): Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2014
Jun 6, 2013. Passed 245/182.
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.Res. 1137 (111th): Providing for consideration of the Senate amendment to the bill (H.R. 2847) making appropriations for the Departments ...
Mar 4, 2010. Passed 212/209.
H.R. 2918 (111th): Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2010
Jun 19, 2009. Passed 232/178.
H.R. 31 (111th): Lumbee Recognition Act
Jun 3, 2009. Passed 240/179.
H.R. 1575 (111th): End Government Reimbursement of Excessive Executive Disbursements (End GREED) Act
Apr 1, 2009. Failed 223/196.
From Jan 2009 to Dec 2016, Kirkpatrick missed 286 of 4,184 roll call votes, which is 6.8%. This is much worse than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2016. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: