Kuster is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Kuster has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Nov 22, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
Ann Kuster sits on the following committees:
Kuster was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5366: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide that certain contributions by government entities are treated as contributions to capital.
- H.R. 707: Ghost Army Congressional Gold Medal Act
- H.R. 1460: Nicholas and Zachary Burt Memorial Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Prevention Act of 2021
- H.R. 468 (116th): Saint-Gaudens National Historical Park Redesignation Act
- H.R. 1545 (115th): VA Prescription Data Accountability Act 2017
- H.R. 6431 (114th): Promoting Travel, Commerce, and National Security Act of 2016
- H.R. 1092 (113th): To designate the air route traffic control center located in Nashua, New Hampshire, as the “Patricia Clark Boston Air Route Traffic Control Center”.
Does 7 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Kuster sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Kuster recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 9008: Home Heating Oil Price Reduction Act
- H.R. 8828: FDA Ethics Act of 2022
- H.R. 8383: To amend the Water Resources Reform and Development Act of 2014 to improve …
- H.R. 8013: REMOVE Act of 2022
- H.R. 7132: Safe Connections Act of 2022
- H.R. 7032: Increasing Transparency in Generic Drug Applications Act of 2022
- H.R. 6986: Northern Border Regional Commission Reauthorization Act of 2022
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2013 to Nov 2022, Kuster missed 89 of 5,613 roll call votes, which is 1.6%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: