Kuster is the representative for New Hampshire’s 2nd congressional district (view map) and is a Democrat. She has served since Jan 3, 2013. Kuster is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Kuster.
Kuster is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Kuster has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Mar 3, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Kuster was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 468 (116th): Saint-Gaudens National Historical Park Redesignation Act
- H.R. 1545 (115th): VA Prescription Data Accountability Act 2017
- H.R. 6431 (114th): Promoting Travel, Commerce, and National Security Act of 2016
- H.R. 1092 (113th): To designate the air route traffic control center located in Nashua, New Hampshire, as the “Patricia Clark Boston Air Route Traffic Control Center”.
Does 4 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Kuster sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Kuster’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1460: To encourage States to require the installation of residential carbon monoxide detectors in ...
- H.R. 763: Child and Animal Abuse Detection and Reporting Act
- H.R. 707: Ghost Army Congressional Gold Medal Act
- H.R. 706: Emergency Support for Substance Use Disorders Act
- H.R. 680: For the relief of Arpita Kurdekar, Girish Kurdekar, and Vandana Kurdekar.
- H.R. 551: Energy Debt Relief for American Families Act
- H.R. 550: Immunization Infrastructure Modernization Act of 2021
From Jan 2013 to Mar 2021, Kuster missed 84 of 4,755 roll call votes, which is 1.8%. This is on par with the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: