Our unique analysis of the bills Buerkle sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Buerkle is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Buerkle was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4365 (112th): To amend title 5, United States Code, to make clear that accounts in the Thrift Savings Fund are subject to certain Federal tax levies.
- H.R. 5837 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 26 East Genesee Street in Baldwinsville, New York, as the “Corporal Kyle Schneider Post Office ...
- H.R. 2074 (112th): Veterans Sexual Assault Prevention and Health Care Enhancement Act
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Buerkle sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Buerkle’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 140 (112th): Expressing the disappointment and concern of the Congress on the failure of ...
- H.R. 6218 (112th): Mary Colella Autoimmune Disease Awareness Act of 2012
- H.R. 6115 (112th): Give Families Better Tools to Save for Education Act of 2012
- H.R. 6075 (112th): To permit the chief executive of a State to create an exemption ...
- H.R. 5932 (112th): Expand Opportunity for Education Savings Act of 2012
- H.R. 5899 (112th): For the relief of Zenon Kolenda and Orysya Bilyanska Kolenda.
- H.R. 5837 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Buerkle’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 3857 (112th): Public Transit Security and Local Law Enforcement Support Act
Sep 12, 2012. Passed 355/62.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 2362 (112th): Indian Tribal Trade and Investment Demonstration Project Act of 2011
Jul 23, 2012. Failed 222/160.
H.R. 5972 (112th): Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
Jun 29, 2012. Passed 261/163.
H.R. 5325 (112th): Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
Jun 6, 2012. Passed 255/165.
S. 365 (112th): Budget Control Act of 2011
Aug 1, 2011. Passed 269/161.
The Budget Control Act of 2011 (Pub.L. 112–25, S. 365, 125 Stat. 240, enacted August 2, 2011) is a federal statute in the United States that was signed into law by President Barack Obama on August 2, 2011. The Act brought conclusion to the United ...
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.J.Res. 48 (112th): Additional Continuing Appropriations Amendments, 2011
Mar 15, 2011. Passed 271/158.
From Jan 2011 to Jan 2013, Buerkle missed 36 of 1,606 roll call votes, which is 2.2%. This is on par with the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: