Buerkle was the representative for New York’s 25th congressional district and was a Republican. She served from 2011 to 2012.
Buerkle is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Buerkle sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 4, 2007 to Jan 1, 2013. See full analysis methodology.
Buerkle was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4365 (112th): To amend title 5, United States Code, to make clear that accounts in the Thrift Savings Fund are subject to certain Federal tax levies.
- H.R. 5837 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 26 East Genesee Street in Baldwinsville, New York, as the “Corporal Kyle Schneider Post Office ...
Does 2 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Buerkle sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Buerkle’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 140 (112th): Expressing the disappointment and concern of the Congress on the failure of ...
- H.R. 6218 (112th): Mary Colella Autoimmune Disease Awareness Act of 2012
- H.R. 6115 (112th): Give Families Better Tools to Save for Education Act of 2012
- H.R. 6075 (112th): To permit the chief executive of a State to create an exemption ...
- H.R. 5932 (112th): Expand Opportunity for Education Savings Act of 2012
- H.R. 5899 (112th): For the relief of Zenon Kolenda and Orysya Bilyanska Kolenda.
- H.R. 5837 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
From Jan 2011 to Jan 2013, Buerkle missed 36 of 1,606 roll call votes, which is 2.2%. This is on par with the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: