Read our 2019 Report Card for Wagner.
Wagner is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Wagner has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Apr 3, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Ann Wagner sits on the following committees:
Wagner was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2140: Preventing Child Marriage in Displaced Populations Act
- H.R. 1865: Allow States and Victims to Fight Online Sex Trafficking Act of 2017
- H.R. 324 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 11662 Gravois Road in St. Louis, Missouri, as the “Lt. Daniel P. Riordan Post Office”.
- H.R. 323 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 55 Grasso Plaza in St. Louis, Missouri, as the “Sgt. Amanda N. Pinson Post Office”.
- H.R. 322 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 16105 Swingley Ridge Road in Chesterfield, Missouri, as the “Sgt. Zachary M. Fisher Post Office”.
- H.R. 2391 (113th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 5323 Highway N in Cottleville, Missouri as the “Lance Corporal Phillip Vinnedge Post Office”.
Does 6 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Wagner sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Wagner’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6269: Insured Depository Institution Business Continuity Planning Act of 2020
- H.R. 6127: Risk-Based Credit Examination Act
- H.R. 5837: Investing in Your Family’s Future Act
- H.R. 5836: Prosecuting Gun Crimes Saves Lives Act
- H.R. 5292: Fly Together Act
- H.R. 4326: Sex Trafficking Demand Reduction Act
- H.R. 4076: Modernizing Disclosures for Investors Act
From Jan 2013 to Mar 2020, Wagner missed 186 of 4,542 roll call votes, which is 4.1%. This is worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: