Read our 2018 Report Card for Eshoo.
Eshoo is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Eshoo has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Aug 23, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Anna Eshoo sits on the following committees:
Eshoo was the primary sponsor of 11 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 269: Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness and Advancing Innovation Act of 2019
- H.R. 6085: PREEMIE Reauthorization Act of 2018
- H.R. 541 (113th): PREEMIE Reauthorization Act
- H.R. 6260 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 211 Hope Street in Mountain View, California, as the “Lieutenant Kenneth M. Ballard Memorial Post ...
- H.R. 733 (112th): Recalcitrant Cancer Research Act of 2012
- H.R. 5289 (111th): Get the Lead Out Act
- H.R. 2589 (110th): Improving Pharmaceuticals for Children Act of 2007
Does 11 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Eshoo sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Eshoo’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4151: Undocumented Taxpayers Opportunity Act of 2019
- H.R. 3836: Wireless Infrastructure Resiliency during Emergencies and Disasters Act
- H.R. 3698: Foreign Entities Reform Act of 2019
- H.R. 3033: H-4 Employment Protection Act of 2019
- H.R. 2784: Clearing Local Impediments Makes Broadband Open to New Competition and Enhancements
- H.R. 2785: Community Broadband Act of 2019
- H.R. 2760: Next Generation 9-1-1 Act of 2019
From Jan 1993 to Jul 2019, Eshoo missed 558 of 17,684 roll call votes, which is 3.2%. This is worse than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: