Rep. Anna Paulina Luna
Representative for Florida’s 13th District
Paulina Luna proposed $5 million in earmarks for fiscal year 2024, including:
- $2.5 million to City of Gulfport for “City of Gulfport Sanitary Sewer Repairs”
- $1.5 million to Mental Health for Heroes, Inc for “Mental Health for Heroes - First Responder Mental Health Services”
- $900,000 to Army Corps of Engineers for “Pinellas County Erosion Control Project Sand Key Segment”
These are earmark requests which may or may not survive the legislative process to becoming law. Most representatives from both parties requested earmarks for fiscal year 2024. Across representatives who requested earmarks, the median total amount requested for this fiscal year was $39 million.
Earmarks are federal expenditures, tax benefits, or tariff benefits requested by a legislator for a specific entity. Rather than being distributed through a formula or competitive process administered by the executive branch, earmarks may direct spending where it is most needed for the legislator's district. All earmark requests in the House of Representatives are published online for the public to review. We don’t have earmark requests for senators. The fiscal year begins on October 1 of the prior calendar year. Source: Appropriations.house.gov. Background: Earmark Disclosure Rules in the House
Paulina Luna is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Paulina Luna has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2019 to Sep 26, 2023. See full analysis methodology.
Anna Paulina Luna sits on the following committees:
Paulina Luna sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Paulina Luna recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 4922: Lacey Act Amendments of 2023
- H.R. 4921: To amend title 38, United States Code, to include information relating to certain …
- H.R. 4686: Flood Insurance Affordability Act
- H.Res. 521: Censuring Adam Schiff, Representative of the 30th Congressional District of California.
- H.Res. 512: Censuring and condemning Adam Schiff, Representative of California’s 30th Congressional District.
- H.Res. 489: Censuring and condemning Adam Schiff, Representative of California’s 30th Congressional District.
- H.Res. 437: Censuring and condemning Adam Schiff, Representative of California’s 30th Congressional District.
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2023 to Sep 2023, Paulina Luna missed 80 of 455 roll call votes, which is 17.6%. This is much worse than the median of 1.8% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses, major life events, and running for higher office.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: