Brindisi is the representative for New York’s 22nd congressional district (view map) and is a Democrat. He has served since Jan 3, 2019. Brindisi is next up for reelection in 2020 and serves until Jan 3, 2021.
Make sure you are registered to vote and that you vote by mail, early, or know your polling location — see vote.org for help.
Read our 2019 Report Card for Brindisi.
Brindisi is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Brindisi has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Oct 20, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Anthony Brindisi sits on the following committees:
Brindisi was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2333: Support for Suicide Prevention Coordinators Act
- H.R. 4285: Department of Veterans Affairs Expiring Authorities Act of 2019
- H.R. 2972: To direct the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to improve the communications of the Department of Veterans Affairs relating to services available for women veterans, and for other purposes.
Does 3 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Brindisi sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Brindisi’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 8323: Bianca’s Law
- H.R. 8033: Access to Suicide Prevention Coordinators Act
- H.R. 7678: Military Mental Health Stigma Reduction Act
- H.R. 7675: South China Sea Freedom of Navigation Act
- H.R. 7677: Strengthening American Manufacturing Act of 2020
- H.Res. 1034: Recognizing the need for a Senior Security Promise.
- H.R. 5665: For the relief of Maria Rose Versace.
From Jan 2019 to Oct 2020, Brindisi missed 4 of 919 roll call votes, which is 0.4%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: