Brindisi was the representative for New York’s 22nd congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 2019 to 2020.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Brindisi.
Brindisi is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2020 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Brindisi sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Dec 28, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Brindisi was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5639 (116th): Chuck Osier Burial Benefits Act
- H.R. 2333 (116th): Support for Suicide Prevention Coordinators Act
- H.R. 4285 (116th): Department of Veterans Affairs Expiring Authorities Act of 2019
- H.R. 2972 (116th): To direct the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to improve the communications of the Department of Veterans Affairs relating to services available for women veterans, and for other …
- H.R. 2629 (116th): CARE for Reservists Act of 2019
Does 5 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Brindisi sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (82%) Health (18%)
Recently Introduced Bills
Brindisi recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 8323 (116th): Bianca’s Law
- H.R. 8033 (116th): Access to Suicide Prevention Coordinators Act
- H.R. 7678 (116th): Military Mental Health Stigma Reduction Act
- H.R. 7675 (116th): South China Sea Freedom of Navigation Act
- H.R. 7677 (116th): Strengthening American Manufacturing Act of 2020
- H.Res. 1034 (116th): Recognizing the need for a Senior Security Promise.
- H.R. 5665 (116th): For the relief of Maria Rose Versace.
View All » | View Cosponsors »
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2019 to Dec 2020, Brindisi missed 4 of 954 roll call votes, which is 0.4%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2020. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses, major life events, and running for higher office.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Office of the Clerk, House of Representatives for the photo
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills