Rep. Anthony Coelho
Former Representative from California’s 15th District
|Dates||Title||State / District|
|Representative||California's 15th District|
See Also: Bioguide
Our unique analysis of the bills Coelho sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Coelho is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Coelho’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 269 (101st): To designate October 1, 1989, through October 7, 1989, as “National Disability ...
- H.R. 2273 (101st): Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
- H.R. 2026 (101st): To amend the Agricultural Adjustment Act to prohibit the importation of kiwifruit, ...
- H.R. 1047 (101st): To recognize the organization known as the National Academies of Practice.
- H.R. 14 (101st): Federal Election Campaign Amendments of 1989
- H.J.Res. 36 (101st): Designating April 24, 1989, as “National Day of Remembrance of the Armenian ...
- H.Res. 3 (101st): Authorizing the Speaker to appoint a committee of two Members on the ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1979 to Jun 1989, Coelho missed 482 of 4,899 roll call votes, which is 9.8%. This is worse than the median of 4.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jun 1989. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills