Our unique analysis of the bills Moffett sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1982. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Moffett is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Moffett sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Moffett’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 590 (97th): A resolution to provide for the establishment of a Select Committee on ...
- H.Res. 553 (97th): A resolution to prohibit the consideration in the House of Representatives of ...
- H.Res. 507 (97th): A resolution of inquiry in the matter of possible Executive interference with ...
- H.J.Res. 507 (97th): A joint resolution designating July 27, 1982, as “National Recognition Day for ...
- H.Con.Res. 354 (97th): A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of Congress respecting maintaining existing regulations ...
- H.Con.Res. 336 (97th): A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of the Congress concerning the compliance ...
- H.R. 5608 (97th): A bill to prohibit the production of lethal binary chemical munitions by ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1975 to Dec 1982, Moffett missed 795 of 4,901 roll call votes, which is 16.2%. This is much worse than the median of 7.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1982. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills