Our unique analysis of the bills Weiner sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Weiner is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Weiner sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (18%) Crime and Law Enforcement (17%) International Affairs (13%) Commerce (13%) Economics and Public Finance (11%) Health (10%) Social Welfare (9%) Finance and Financial Sector (9%)
Some of Weiner’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1896 (112th): COPS Improvements Act of 2011
- H.R. 1839 (112th): Community Pharmacy Fairness Act of 2011
- H.R. 1680 (112th): Transportation Flexible Savings Accounts Act of 2011
- H.R. 1662 (112th): Bank Accessibility Act
- H.R. 1468 (112th): Honest Services Restoration Act
- H.R. 1119 (112th): National Nurse Act of 2011
- H.R. 1118 (112th): Social Security Protection Act of 2011
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1999 to Jun 2011, Weiner missed 472 of 8,638 roll call votes, which is 5.5%. This is much worse than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jun 2011. ProPublica has tracked 8 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: