Delgado was the representative for New York’s 19th congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 2019 to 2022.
Delgado is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2022 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Delgado sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Dec 27, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
Delgado was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2724 (117th): VA Peer Support Enhancement for MST Survivors Act
- H.R. 4877 (117th): One Stop Shop for Small Business Compliance Act of 2021
- H.R. 5073 (117th): REACH for Veterans Act
- H.R. 6304 (116th): Small Business Repayment Relief Act of 2020
- H.R. 2151 (116th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 7722 South Main Street in Pine Plains, New York, as the “Senior Chief Petty Officer …
- H.R. 2336 (116th): Family Farmer Relief Act of 2019
Does 6 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Delgado sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Commerce (18%) Armed Forces and National Security (15%) Environmental Protection (15%) Science, Technology, Communications (10%) Transportation and Public Works (10%) Government Operations and Politics (10%) Agriculture and Food (10%) Health (10%)
Recently Introduced Bills
Delgado recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 7575 (117th): Green Jobs and Opportunity Act
- H.R. 7020 (117th): Fair Social Security for Domestic Violence Survivors Act
- H.R. 5839 (117th): To authorize the President to award the Medal of Honor to Charles …
- H.R. 5555 (117th): MADE HERE Act
- H.R. 5445 (117th): GO Ag Act
- H.R. 5395 (117th): BuyAmerican.gov Act of 2021
- H.R. 5249 (117th): Small Farm to School Act of 2021
View All » | View Cosponsors »
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2019 to May 2022, Delgado missed 0 of 1,635 roll call votes, which is 0.0%. This is better than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in May 2022. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses, major life events, and running for higher office.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Office of Antonio Delgado for the photo
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills