Delgado is the representative for New York’s 19th congressional district (view map) and is a Democrat. He has served since Jan 3, 2019. Delgado is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Delgado.
Delgado is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Delgado has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Jun 21, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Antonio Delgado sits on the following committees:
Delgado was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 6304 (116th): Small Business Repayment Relief Act of 2020
- H.R. 2151 (116th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 7722 South Main Street in Pine Plains, New York, as the “Senior Chief Petty Officer ...
- H.R. 2336 (116th): Family Farmer Relief Act of 2019
Does 3 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Delgado sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Commerce (19%) Science, Technology, Communications (15%) Environmental Protection (12%) Government Operations and Politics (12%) Agriculture and Food (12%) Armed Forces and National Security (12%) Health (12%) Taxation (8%)
Some of Delgado’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3700: To amend the Federal Water Pollution Control Act to reauthorize grants for technical ...
- H.R. 3701: To establish water infrastructure grant programs.
- H.R. 3490: To authorize funding for formula grants for rural areas, to amend title 49, ...
- H.R. 3491: To provide for the issuance of a Lyme Disease Research Semipostal Stamp.
- H.R. 2958: End the Limo Loophole Act
- H.R. 2974: Military Spouse Hiring Act
- H.R. 2724: VA Peer Support Enhancement for MST Survivors Act
From Jan 2019 to Jun 2021, Delgado missed 0 of 1,128 roll call votes, which is 0.0%. This is better than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: