Our unique analysis of the bills Stangeland sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1990. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Stangeland is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Stangeland’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5370 (101st): Corps of Engineers Environmental Protection Act of 1990
- H.J.Res. 599 (101st): To designate July 1, 1990, as “National Ducks and Wetlands Day”.
- H.R. 4867 (101st): Water Resources Development Act of 1990
- H.R. 4577 (101st): Underground Storage Tank Assistance and Groundwater Protection Act
- H.R. 4509 (101st): Sustainable Agriculture and Clean Water Act of 1990
- H.Con.Res. 295 (101st): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives with regard to restoring ...
- H.R. 4353 (101st): Wetlands Conservation Reserve Program Act of 1990
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Mar 1977 to Oct 1990, Stangeland missed 339 of 7,231 roll call votes, which is 4.7%. This is on par with the median of 4.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1990. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills