Our unique analysis of the bills Davis sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Davis is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Davis sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (19%) Government Operations and Politics (16%) Finance and Financial Sector (13%) Health (13%) Labor and Employment (12%) Law (10%) Economics and Public Finance (9%) Agriculture and Food (8%)
Some of Davis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1054 (111th): Commending and congratulating the University of West Alabama on the occasion of ...
- H.R. 4345 (111th): Alabama Black Belt National Heritage Area Act
- H.R. 4340 (111th): Main Street Survival Act
- H.Res. 972 (111th): Commending University of Alabama Running Back Mark Ingram on winning the 2009 ...
- H.R. 3675 (111th): National Quality Cancer Care Demonstration Project Act of 2009
- H.R. 3623 (111th): To amend the Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008 to provide ...
- H.R. 3473 (111th): To direct the Presidential designee under the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Davis’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 6540 (111th): Defense Level Playing Field Act
Dec 21, 2010. Passed 325/23.
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.R. 31 (111th): Lumbee Recognition Act
Jun 3, 2009. Passed 240/179.
H.R. 7321 (110th): Auto Industry Financing and Restructuring Act
Dec 10, 2008. Passed 237/170.
H.R. 6604 (110th): Commodity Markets Transparency and Accountability Act of 2008
Jul 30, 2008. Failed 276/151.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 3685 (110th): Employment Non-Discrimination Act of 2007
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 235/184.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 2003 to Dec 2010, Davis missed 518 of 5,966 roll call votes, which is 8.7%. This is much worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: