Our unique analysis of the bills Hutchinson sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2002. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Hutchinson is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Hutchinson sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (20%) Law (15%) Economics and Public Finance (15%) Commerce (13%) Crime and Law Enforcement (11%) Labor and Employment (9%) Science, Technology, Communications (9%) Health (8%)
Some of Hutchinson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2019 (107th): Preserve Charitable Giving Act
- H.R. 1875 (107th): To amend the Violence Against Women Act of 2000 by expanding the ...
- H.R. 1827 (107th): Dairy Consumers and Producers Protection Act of 2001
- H.R. 1805 (107th): Small Business Liability Reform Act of 2001
- H.R. 1348 (107th): Rural Law Enforcement Assistance Act of 2001
- H.R. 1240 (107th): Ice Storms Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2001
- H.R. 1150 (107th): Campaign Integrity Act of 2001
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1997 to Aug 2001, Hutchinson missed 161 of 2,733 roll call votes, which is 5.9%. This is much worse than the median of 2.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Aug 2001. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: