Pfluger is the representative for Texas’s 11th congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 3, 2021. Pfluger is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Pfluger is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Pfluger has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Nov 26, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
August Pfluger II sits on the following committees:
Pfluger sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Pfluger’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 754: Expressing that the House of Representatives opposes punitive natural gas taxes on United …
- H.R. 5146: Afghanistan Withdrawal Threat Assessment Act
- H.R. 4896: RAPID Act
- H.R. 4370: Listing Reform Act
- H.R. 4328: To rename the Department of Veterans Affairs community-based outpatient clinic in San Angelo, …
- H.R. 4209: DHS Illicit Cross-Border Tunnel Defense Act
- H.R. 3174: Migrant Facility Transparency Act of 2021
From Jan 2021 to Nov 2021, Pfluger missed 13 of 386 roll call votes, which is 3.4%. This is worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: