Radewagen is the representative from American Samoa and is a Republican. She has served since Jan 6, 2015. Radewagen is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Because American Samoa is a territory of the United States, and not a state, its representative in the House of Representatives is a delegate with limited voting privileges — Radewagen can currently vote in committee and in certain votes on the House floor, but not if their vote would be decisive. Delegates have a marginalized role in Congress and their constituents are not represented in Congress in the same manner as most citizens.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Radewagen.
Aumua Amata Radewagen sits on the following committees:
Radewagen was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1362 (115th): To name the Department of Veterans Affairs community-based outpatient clinic in Pago Pago, American Samoa, the Faleomavaega Eni Fa’aua’a Hunkin VA Clinic.
- H.R. 276 (115th): To amend title 49, United States Code, to ensure reliable air service in American Samoa.
- H.R. 6452 (114th): Ensuring Access to Pacific Fisheries Act
- H.R. 4576 (114th): Ensuring Access to Pacific Fisheries Act
- H.R. 2617 (114th): An act to amend the Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2007 to reduce a scheduled increase in the minimum wage applicable to American Samoa.
Does 5 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Radewagen sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Radewagen’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3845: Parity for HUBZone Appeals Act of 2021
- H.R. 1941: To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to waive certain naturalization requirements for ...
- H.R. 8229 (116th): Parity for HUBZone Appeals Act of 2020
- H.R. 3482 (116th): To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to waive certain requirements for ...
- H.R. 1207 (116th): U.S. Nationals Employment Act of 2019
- H.R. 1208 (116th): To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to waive certain requirements for ...
- H.R. 1206 (116th): To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to clarify that noncitizen nationals ...
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: