Our unique analysis of the bills Scott has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Scott is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Scott for more statistics.
Austin Scott sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
- House Committee on Armed Services
Scott sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Scott’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5649: Stop Abusing the Presidential Plane Act
- H.R. 5525: End Taxpayer Funded Cell Phones Act of 2016
- H.R. 4884: CURB Lifeline Act of 2016
- H.R. 4363: Student Tax Affordability and Relief Act
- H.R. 4074: To require the Secretary of Homeland Security to collect data regarding foreign travel, ...
- H.R. 3754: Halting Government Overreach Act of 2015
- H.R. 1893: Protecting American Jobs Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Sep 2016, Scott missed 66 of 4,076 roll call votes, which is 1.6%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 34 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: