Our unique analysis of the bills Scott has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Scott is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Scott for more statistics.
Austin Scott sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
- House Committee on Armed Services
Scott sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Scott’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5649: Stop Abusing the Presidential Plane Act
- H.R. 5525: End Taxpayer Funded Cell Phones Act of 2016
- H.R. 4884: CURB Lifeline Act of 2016
- H.R. 4363: Student Tax Affordability and Relief Act
- H.R. 4074: To require the Secretary of Homeland Security to collect data regarding foreign travel, ...
- H.R. 3754: Halting Government Overreach Act of 2015
- H.R. 1893: Protecting American Jobs Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Scott’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1567: Global Food Security Act of 2015
Apr 12, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
H.R. 212: Drinking Water Protection Act
Feb 24, 2015. Passed.
From Jan 2011 to Sep 2016, Scott missed 66 of 4,087 roll call votes, which is 1.6%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 34 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: