Read our 2019 Report Card for Scott.
Scott is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Scott has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Dec 3, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Austin Scott sits on the following committees:
Scott was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 877: Modernizing the Pittman-Robertson Fund for Tomorrow’s Needs Act
- H.R. 4910 (115th): Veterans Cemetery Benefit Correction Act
Does 2 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Scott sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Agriculture and Food (24%) Science, Technology, Communications (14%) Armed Forces and National Security (14%) Taxation (10%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (10%) Energy (10%) Finance and Financial Sector (10%) Transportation and Public Works (10%)
Some of Scott’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7758: Assistance for Rural Health, Safety and Educational Facilities Act
- H.R. 6728: To amend the Commodity Credit Corporation Charter Act to raise the borrowing limit ...
- H.R. 6611: Making supplemental appropriations for fiscal year 2020 for the Department of Agriculture to ...
- H.R. 4535: Commodity Futures Trading Commission Research and Development Modernization Act
- H.R. 4496: Wildfires and Hurricanes Indemnity Program Extension Act of 2019
- H.R. 3072: To amend the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act to provide a guarantee of residency ...
- H.R. 2655: Purple Heart Freedom to Work Act
From Jan 2011 to Dec 2020, Scott missed 115 of 6,281 roll call votes, which is 1.8%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: