Pressley is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Pressley has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Jan 13, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Pressley sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Pressley’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 262: To prohibit the imposition of the death penalty for any violation of Federal ...
- H.Res. 1269: Calling on the President of the United States to take Executive action to ...
- H.R. 8544: STRONG Support for Children Act of 2020
- H.R. 8178: Anti-Racism in Public Health Act of 2020
- H.R. 7983 (116th): COVID–19 in Corrections Data Transparency Act
- H.R. 7847: HELP Act of 2020
- H.R. 7848: Counseling Not Criminalization in Schools Act
From Jan 2019 to Jan 2021, Pressley missed 15 of 971 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is on par with the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: