Pressley is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Pressley has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Oct 18, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Ayanna Pressley sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Financial Services
- House Committee on Oversight and Reform
Pressley sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Pressley’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4664: Monitoring and Curbing Abusive Debt Collection Practices Act
- H.Res. 560: Inquiring whether the House of Representatives should impeach Brett M. Kavanaugh, an Associate ...
- H.R. 4052: To prohibit the imposition of the death penalty for any violation of Federal ...
- H.R. 3951: Payments Modernization Act of 2019
- H.R. 3922: American Opportunity Accounts Act
- H.R. 3621: Student Borrower Credit Improvement Act
- H.Res. 456: Emphasizing the importance of grassroots investor protection and the investor education missions of ...
From Jan 2019 to Oct 2019, Pressley missed 4 of 570 roll call votes, which is 0.7%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: