Pressley is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Pressley has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jul 16, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ayanna Pressley sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Financial Services
- House Committee on Oversight and Reform
Pressley sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Pressley’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3621: Student Borrower Credit Improvement Act
- H.Res. 456: Emphasizing the importance of grassroots investor protection and the investor education missions of ...
- H.R. 3296: Affordability is Access Act
- H.Res. 437: Expressing support for the designation of November 20 through December 20 as “National ...
- H.Con.Res. 40: Supporting reproductive health care in the United States.
- H.R. 2602: Healthy MOMMIES Act
- H.R. 678: Fair Compensation for Low-Wage Contractor Employees Act of 2019
From Jan 2019 to Jul 2019, Pressley missed 4 of 493 roll call votes, which is 0.8%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: