Read our 2017 Report Card for Comstock.
Comstock is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Comstock has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Barbara Comstock sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
- House Committee on House Administration
House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings, and Emergency Management
- Member, Subcommittee on Highways and Transit
Comstock was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1397: To authorize, direct, facilitate, and expedite the transfer of administrative jurisdiction of certain Federal land, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 3249: Project Safe Neighborhoods Grant Program Authorization Act of 2018
- H.R. 4661: United States Fire Administration, AFG, and SAFER Program Reauthorization Act of 2017
- H.R. 321: Inspiring the Next Space Pioneers, Innovators, Researchers, and Explorers (INSPIRE) Women Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Comstock sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Comstock’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6852: Grants for Reliable, Efficient, and Accountable Transit Act
- H.R. 6678: Claude Moore Farm Land Conveyance Act
- H.R. 6587: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow deductions for amounts ...
- H.R. 6390: SUCCESS Act
- H.R. 6275: Federal Employees Paid Parental Leave Act of 2018
- H.R. 6229: National Institute of Standards and Technology Reauthorization Act of 2018
- H.R. 5473: Better Pain Management Through Better Data Act of 2018
|Comstock’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 620: ADA Education and Reform Act of 2017
Feb 15, 2018. Passed 225/192.
A bill which just passed the House would update the law for disabled Americans for modern times, say Republicans. Democrats say it would set disabled Americans’ civil rights back decades. #### Context The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, more commonly called the ADA, was ...
H.J.Res. 43: Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the final rule submitted by Secretary of Health and Human Services relating ...
Feb 16, 2017. Passed 230/188.
Joe Biden never got the opportunity to break a single 50-50 Senate tie in eight years as vice president. Mike Pence has already broken two. One from last month has since become law: a measure allowing states to withhold federal Planned Parenthood funding. (The other ...
H.R. 1314: Trade Act of 2015
Oct 28, 2015. Passed 266/167.
This vote turned this bill into the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015, by replacing the text of the bill in whole. H.R. 1314 was previously the Trade Act of 2015.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2577: Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2016
Jun 9, 2015. Passed 216/210.
This bill is the Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2017, a yearly federal spending bill. The bill began as the Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act of 2016. However in a House vote on May 26, the ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
From Jan 2015 to Sep 2018, Comstock missed 50 of 2,450 roll call votes, which is 2.0%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: