Comstock was the representative for Virginia’s 10th congressional district and was a Republican. She served from 2015 to 2018.
Read our 2018 Report Card for Comstock.
Comstock is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2018 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Comstock sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2013 to Dec 21, 2018. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Comstock was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1397 (115th): To authorize, direct, facilitate, and expedite the transfer of administrative jurisdiction of certain Federal land, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 3249 (115th): Project Safe Neighborhoods Grant Program Authorization Act of 2018
- H.R. 4661 (115th): United States Fire Administration, AFG, and SAFER Program Reauthorization Act of 2017
- H.R. 321 (115th): Inspiring the Next Space Pioneers, Innovators, Researchers, and Explorers (INSPIRE) Women Act
Does 4 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Comstock sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Comstock’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6852 (115th): Grants for Reliable, Efficient, and Accountable Transit Act
- H.R. 6678 (115th): Claude Moore Farm Land Conveyance Act
- H.R. 6587 (115th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow deductions for …
- H.R. 6390 (115th): SUCCESS Act
- H.R. 6275 (115th): Federal Employees Paid Parental Leave Act of 2018
- H.R. 6229 (115th): National Institute of Standards and Technology Reauthorization Act of 2018
- H.R. 5473 (115th): Better Pain Management Through Better Data Act of 2018
From Jan 2015 to Dec 2018, Comstock missed 98 of 2,535 roll call votes, which is 3.9%. This is worse than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2018. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: