Our unique analysis of the bills Cubin sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Cubin is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Cubin was the primary sponsor of 10 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 335 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 152 North 5th Street in Laramie, Wyoming, as the “Gale W. McGee Post Office”.
- H.R. 5224 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 350 Uinta Drive in Green River, Wyoming, as the “Curt Gowdy Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 1046 (109th): To authorize the Secretary of the Interior to contract with the city of Cheyenne, Wyoming, for the storage of the city’s water in the Kendrick Project, Wyoming.
- H.R. 3789 (107th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 2829 Commercial Way in Rock Springs, Wyoming, as the “Teno Roncalio Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 2641 (106th): To make technical corrections to title X of the Energy Policy Act of 1992.
- H.R. 3063 (106th): To amend the Mineral Leasing Act to increase the maximum acreage of Federal leases for sodium that may be held by an entity in any one State, ...
- H.R. 1528 (106th): National Geologic Mapping Reauthorization Act of 1999
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Cubin sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Cubin’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 378 (110th): Expressing support for designation of September 6, 2008, as Louisa Swain Day.
- H.R. 6329 (110th): To expedite the construction of new refining capacity on brownfield sites in ...
- H.R. 4984 (110th): To suspend temporarily the duty on certain acrylic fiber tow.
- H.R. 4983 (110th): To suspend temporarily the duty on certain acrylic fiber tow.
- H.R. 4879 (110th): Virtual Screening for Cancer Act of 2007
- H.R. 4353 (110th): Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act of 1977 Technical Corrections Act
- H.R. 4280 (110th): Aerial Firefighter Relief Act of 2007
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1995 to Dec 2008, Cubin missed 1,753 of 9,048 roll call votes, which is 19.4%. This is much worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: