Cubin was the representative for Wyoming’s at-large district and was a Republican. She served from 1995 to 2008.
Cubin is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Cubin sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Cubin was the primary sponsor of 16 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 1080 (110th): Grand Teton National Park Extension Act of 2007
- H.R. 335 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 152 North 5th Street in Laramie, Wyoming, as the “Gale W. McGee Post Office”.
- H.R. 5224 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 350 Uinta Drive in Green River, Wyoming, as the “Curt Gowdy Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 4080 (109th): Glendo Unit of the Missouri River Basin Project Contract Extension Act of 2005
- H.R. 3867 (109th): To reauthorize the Congressional Award Act.
- H.R. 1046 (109th): To authorize the Secretary of the Interior to contract with the city of Cheyenne, Wyoming, for the storage of the city’s water in the Kendrick Project, Wyoming.
- H.R. 3789 (107th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 2829 Commercial Way in Rock Springs, Wyoming, as the “Teno Roncalio Post Office Building”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Cubin sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Cubin’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 378 (110th): Expressing support for designation of September 6, 2008, as Louisa Swain Day.
- H.R. 6329 (110th): To expedite the construction of new refining capacity on brownfield sites in ...
- H.R. 4984 (110th): To suspend temporarily the duty on certain acrylic fiber tow.
- H.R. 4983 (110th): To suspend temporarily the duty on certain acrylic fiber tow.
- H.R. 4879 (110th): Virtual Screening for Cancer Act of 2007
- H.R. 4353 (110th): Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act of 1977 Technical Corrections Act
- H.R. 4280 (110th): Aerial Firefighter Relief Act of 2007
|Cubin’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2638 (110th): Consolidated Security, Disaster Assistance, and Continuing Appropriations Act, 2009
Sep 24, 2008. Passed 370/58.
H.R. 5819 (110th): SBIR/STTR Reauthorization Act
Apr 23, 2008. Passed 368/43.
H.Res. 1031 (110th): Providing for the adoption of the resolution (H. Res. 895) establishing within the House of Representatives an ...
Mar 11, 2008. Passed 229/182.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 1995 to Dec 2008, Cubin missed 1,753 of 9,048 roll call votes, which is 19.4%. This is much worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: